Frank Overseas Visitor Health Cover Privacy Statement for Members
Frank Overseas Visitor Health Cover (Frank OVHC) is brought to you by GMHBA Limited. In this privacy statement, references to 'Frank OVHC' are references to GMHBA Limited.
Frank OVHC is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains the type of personal and sensitive information including health information we collect and how we handle that information as a part of your relationship with Frank OVHC. We understand that the information that you entrust to us is private and confidential. Our staff are trained to respect your privacy in accordance with the applicable privacy laws and our own policies and procedures.
The Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) may restrict or prohibit Frank OVHC from collecting and handling your personal information in ways that may be acceptable in other countries (and vice versa). You should get legal advice if you have any questions or concerns regarding the nature or application of Australia's privacy laws.
What is personal information?
In this privacy statement 'personal information' means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Personal information includes 'sensitive information' (which includes health information and information or an opinion about an individual's racial origin, political opinion, membership of a political association or trade union, religious beliefs, sexual preferences or criminal record) and 'health information' (which includes information or an opinion about the health or a disability of an individual, the individual's wishes about the provision of health services, or health services provided or to be provided to an individual). In this privacy statement, a reference to personal information includes sensitive and health information.
How do we collect your personal information?
Personal information collected by Frank OVHC includes your name, date of birth, address, contact details, visa details and may also include your bank account or credit card details.
Sensitive information collected by Frank OVHC includes information about your health or medical history.
We generally collect personal information in person, in writing, by telephone, email or via our website. For example, we may collect information when you: make an application for insurance, submit a claim, have customer interactions with us where we record system notes and voice recordings of telephone conversations or if you use our webchat function.
If you contact us to enquire about our products and services via our website and any other communication channel, we may use your personal information to contact you for the purposes of providing you with further information and to follow up whether you have any interest in acquiring products and services from us. You can let us know at any time via the contact details below if you no longer wish to be contacted for these purposes. Your consent will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
Where you have provided us with personal information about other individuals (such as any other persons on your membership), you must ensure that they are aware or will be aware of your provision of their personal information to us and how their personal information will be handled by us. If the information you are providing to us is health or sensitive information you must first obtain their consent before providing their information to us.
We may also collect information from third parties such as:
- Hospitals and other healthcare providers in order to process your health insurance claims, conduct eligibility checks and to comply with laws such as the Private Health Insurance Act 2007 (Cth) and the National Health Act 1953 (Cth),
- Your previous health fund to cancel your membership and request a transfer certificate,
- The policy holder who is the person responsible for the management of your Overseas Visitor Health Cover membership or a person authorised to provide us with information on your behalf in order to provide you with Overseas Visitor Health Cover and pay you benefits,
- Organisations engaged by Frank OVHC to carry out functions on our behalf such as email and data processing,
- Intermediaries who provide Overseas Visitor Health Cover information and services on behalf of Frank OVHC and
- Recruitment Agencies when appointing employees and contractors.
We may also collect information from our website such as:
- Information about your computer or web device,
- Your IP Address, top level domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site,
- The pages you have accessed or downloaded,
- The address of the last site you visited and
- Your operating system and the browser you used.
This information is collected for statistical and administrative purposes, and to improve web based services. It does not readily identify individuals, and we will not attempt to identify individuals from the records our server generates unless it is necessary to do so for law enforcement purposes.
When you use our website or ask for general information, we may deal with you without requiring you to provide personal information.
However, if you choose not to provide us with personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
Frank OVHC collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information to provide you with Overseas Visitor Health Cover and health and wellness related services including to:
- Manage our ongoing relationship with you,
- Answer any queries you may have in relation to our Overseas Visitor Health Cover products and health and wellness related services,
- Administer, process and audit Overseas Visitor Health Cover claims and pay benefits,
- Process payments in respect of your premiums,
- Assess your suitability for, enrol you in and administer health and wellness related services such as chronic disease management programs, health management programs and coaching programs,
- Provide you with the opportunity to participate in fitness groups and/or attend health seminars and community health events,
- Conduct customer surveys including satisfaction and net promoter surveys,
- Conduct marketing, research and analysis,
- Provide you with access to a web chat function
- Manage, review, develop and improve our Overseas Visitor Health Cover products and related services (including health and wellness services) whether provided by us or other parties and
- Pay a commission to a broker.
We may also, collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to:
- Train our personnel,
- Resolve any legal and/or commercial complaints or issues including in relation to compensation recovery,
- Meet legislative requirements relating to the provision of Overseas Visitor Health Cover,
- Recruit Frank OVHC personnel, and
- Perform any of our other functions and activities relating to our business.
We will generally only use personal information for the purpose for which it is collected, or for a purpose that is related to, or in the case of sensitive or health information, directly related to, the purpose for which it was collected.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Frank OVHC will not sell or disclose your personal details for any purpose that is not related to your relationship with us. We rely on third parties such data processing organisations and financial institutions to perform specialised activities for Frank OVHC and your personal information may be provided to these third parties to enable them to perform their agreed services.
Frank OVHC may also be required to disclose your personal information to comply with law.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes described under the heading 'For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?' to our contracted services providers (such as data processing organisations), government authorities (such as Department of Immigration and Border Protection), hospitals, medical and general treatment providers, persons authorised by you and our professional advisors, as well as to financial institutions (such as PayPal) to process payments.
If you are not the policy holder of your Overseas Visitor Health Cover membership, Frank OVHC may also disclose your personal information to the policy holder as part of administering the membership and paying benefits. This may include the disclosure of sensitive and health information about benefits claimed by you under your membership in the form of quarterly and annual benefit statements.
We may also disclose personal information to parties involved in a prospective or actual transfer of our assets or business.
How to access and correct your personal information?
We try to ensure that personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. Please let us know if there are any errors in your personal information and keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such as change of contact details.
You can request to update your personal information by calling us on the telephone below or email.
Frank OVHC will allow you to access personal information we hold about you as required by law.
How to contact us or make a privacy complaint?
Disclosure of personal information to people or organisations outside of Australia?
Due to the nature of Frank OVHC products and services, it may be necessary to disclose your personal information to people or organisations outside Australia. The recipients of your personal information will generally be located in your original country of residence where you are departing to Australia from and include:
- your employer
- anyone you permit us to disclose your personal information to
- our agents and brokers
Frank OVHC will otherwise not disclose your personal information to anyone unless:
- you give us your permission to do so
- your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk
- Frank OVHC is permitted to do so under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- Frank OVHC is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or court or tribunal order.
Direct Marketing and your privacy
From time to time we may contact you to provide you with information about other products and services offered by us, or other service providers who have relationship with us that may be of benefit to fund members. When we contact you it may be via email, SMS, phone, or mail.
When you become a Frank OVHC member you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (for an indefinite period including after you may cease your membership with us), unless you have contacted us to withdraw your consent.
If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us you can contact us at any time to let us know by:
Frank OVHC Contact Details
Email: [email protected]
Web chat: via the Frank OVHC website
Call: +61 3 5202 8770
Mail: Frank OVHC, Reply Paid 76, Geelong VIC 3220
If you request not to receive marketing material, please note that we will still contact you in relation to our on-going relationship with you. For example, we will still send you statements and notices that are relevant to the products and services you hold with Frank OVHC. We will also communicate with you in relation to the transactions you have with the fund.