COVID-19 information for Frank members
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to unfold, we want to reassure you that the team at Frank is here to support you.
We know times aren’t so simple right now, but your health and wellbeing is a top priority for us.
We’ll keep this page updated with new information as the situation evolves.
COVID-19 and your health cover
Does my health insurance policy cover coronavirus?
- Frank has introduced new support measures, which mean existing members with hospital cover will be covered for all COVID-19 related hospital treatments as a private patient, as long as you have served your initial two-month waiting periods.
- This COVID-19 coverage will be provided initially until the end of September 2020, with the intent to review and consider any possible further extension prior to 30 September 2020.
- We have added wording to hospital eligibility checks to confirm coverage for all of our members with hospital cover so the hospitals are aware that you will be covered.
What if I have a pre-booked hospital admission or ongoing hospital treatment?
- The Federal Government has advised all non-urgent elective surgery will be suspended until further notice from midnight on 26 March due to the coronavirus.
- If you have a pre-booked hospital admission or ongoing hospital treatment, we would recommend to regularly check in with your doctor and hospital before your admission for the most up-to-date information.
Where to find reliable information on COVID-19
There’s a lot of different information out there about COVID-19. We have put together some general information and recommend checking out these sources for regular updates:
The Coronavirus Health Information Line is available on 1800 020 080 if you need information on coronavirus. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.